חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק
הודעות: 2265
זיך רעגיסטרירט: מאנטאג מאי 23, 2016 2:00 am
געפינט זיך: צווישן קאסוב אין וויזניץ
האט שוין געלייקט: 955 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 1361 מאל

שליחה דורך איסר האטלקי »

אונזער באליבטע "קיווע" איז צוריק מיט אן אינטערוויו איבער זיין ראלע אויף "שטיסל".
איסר האטלקי
חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק

שליחה דורך איסר האטלקי »

[left]

קוד: וועל אויס אלע

INTERVIEW
‘Shtisel’ Star Michael Aloni On How He Prepared To Play A Chasid On TV
Plus where he draws his inspiration from, his hopes for the future, and his dream role.

By ALAN ZEITLIN
4 February 2019, 5:38 pm  0
‘Shtisel’ Star Michael Aloni On How He Prepared To Play A Chasid On TV
Michael Aloni as Akiva Shtisel in "Shtisel," a TV show about a chareidi's
family in Jerusalem's Mea Shearim neighborhood. Courtesy
shares

Michael Aloni is an Israeli actor who plays Akiva Shitsel, a chasidic man looking for love on “Shitisel,” and an ex-soldier on a risky mission to find his lost friend in “When Heroes Fly.” Both shows received positive reviews and were wildly popular in Israel. They recently became available for an English-speaking audience on Netflix in the United States. (Read a review of “Shtisel” here). He also stars in “Out In The Dark,” a film about a love affair between two Israeli and Palestinian men. The Jewish Week spoke with Aloni by phone to chat about his approach to the roles and how he hopes they can make a social impact. This interview has been edited for length.

Q: In the media, Israeli soldiers are mostly portrayed as tough guys ready for battle. “When Heroes Fly” shows them in a different light — dealing (or not dealing) with their PTSD. Is the hope that the show encourages soldiers to get therapy?

A: [In the show] the four friends are reunited to try to save a loved one and see if she may be alive in Colombia. After ten years of what happened to them in the military, they’re all carrying it with them. They are all suffering with PTSD in different forms. My character keeps it in but it breaks out in the form of cancer… In Israel, when it aired, there was a great reaction. I think it had a wonderful effect in getting people to speak up and tell their story. So while we meant to make a show that was enjoyable for the audience, it had a great side effect.

Q: In the final episode, your character does something heroic, risking his life. Is your character the hero of the show?

A: I think there’s four heroes. It’s a four-headed monster. They’re brothers-in arms. You can’t really separate one from the other. It’s about their power together. You can follow and find a little of yourself in every character?

Q: How did you prepare for “Shtisel?” Did you go to hotel lobbies and watch Hasidim on dates?

A: I actually did. I spied. Before we started shooting, we had months of preparation. We had to learn Yiddish. We had a rabbi teach us the prayers and the rules. We also went undercover in Meah Shearim. I stayed with a family there. It was a great experience.

Q: What was the hardest part of the role?

A: I don’t know if there was a hardest part but we wanted to make sure it’s not about looking into those closed gates of a community. It’s a story about humanity and about people. Akiva, my character, has a very poetic soul trying as an artist struggling to put his truth out there. I feel that I am very lucky “Shtisel” has the chance to be on Netflix and people around the world can enjoy it and I can send my truth in a way to the world.

Q: Do you think it has the ability to potentially change people’s views of chasidim?

A: I think it will change a person’s opinion on this community. We are dealing with the same issues It doesn’t matter if you don’t wear the hat or grow payes (sidelocks).

Q: Your payes on the show were real?

A: I grew them up to a certain length and it’s like a hair extension.

Q: American viewers have mentioned there’s a lot of smoking on the show. Do you think Israelis should try to smoke less or it’s just part of the stress of living there?

A: If you go to Meah Shearim, you’ll understand. For now, if you walk into a restaurant you’ll see people smoking while they are eating inside the restaurant. You’ll see [it] as it was for us 20 years ago. It’s like a time capsule.

Q: What’s the funniest thing that happened on set?

Dov Glickman [who plays Aloni’s TV father in “Shtisel”] is one of the greatest comedians in Israel of all time. To have a scene with him, you’re trying to not choke on your food. We’re basically eating and smoking all the time. Even the most serious scenes we shot. He’d have food on his beard or something and we’d have to do another take and another take.

Q: Akiva is asked to sacrifice his art and not paint so he can get a match. In real life, would you ever date someone who told you not to take a certain role or asked you to sacrifice your art?

My art is my mistress or might be my real wife.  I am married to my art. I’m not going to give it up. I don’t see any reason why anyone would have to do that.

Q: Why do you think the world seems to be noticing so many Israeli shows right now?

A: What Netflix is doing is putting good shows on their platform that allow shows to be recognized and be seen in their language. I get followers from America and Hong Kong. The world is becoming smaller.

Q: In “Out In The Dark” you play the role of an Israeli man in love with a Palestinian man. What did that role mean to you and do you think film has the power to change perception, either regarding acceptance of the LGBTQ community or the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

A: I had the fun and luck to get a variety of different roles from a chasidic guy to a soldier with PTSD to a love story between an Israeli and Palestinian. Stories and films open people’s hearts and maybe can make them see the world a little bit different. That’s what art does. It sparks something in you and makes you think a little.

Q: How did being in the army impact you?

A: Israelis don’t think about it. We just do it. When we go to serve, a lot of people at the age of 18 (in other countries) go to university or they travel and it keeps them more in the place of not growing up, of maybe still a kid. We have to grow up quickly.

Q: Do you think soldiers who have served in the army and become actors are better at dealing with getting rejected from parts because of what they’ve experienced?

A: I think it’s different from person to person.  I know people who served, and when they audition and don’t get the part they want it can be more devastating than being in a war zone. But you never know [what] will be the most painful.

Q: Did you ever worry that people would focus on your appearance and not take you always as seriously as an actor.

A: Are you implying that I am good looking?

Q: That’s what many are saying.

A:  I’ll take it as a compliment. Never thought about it. I think I’ll quote “Zoolander.” I think in the beginning, Ben Stiller says, “Is there anything more to the world except for being very, very, good looking?” I don’t know.

Q: Are there any projects you’d like to do or actors you would want to work with?

A: The Oscars are coming and I saw the best preview show about the renewal of “A Star is Born” is born and I was fascinated by it. [I] would like a very special project like that that for example.
[/left]
טרויבן88
ידיד ותיק
ידיד ותיק
הודעות: 797
זיך רעגיסטרירט: פרייטאג נאוועמבער 13, 2015 1:15 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 292 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 569 מאל

Re: "שטיסל" טעלעוויזיע סעריע

שליחה דורך טרויבן88 »

גראדעמעכעלע האט געשריבן:
Screenshot_20190128-182151.png
איי די גוים... שולם אמר: זה כמו הסופרנוס רק עם טשולנט בלי אקדחים,
רעדאגירט געווארן צום לעצט דורך 1 אום טרויבן88, רעדאגירט געווארן איין מאל בסך הכל.
לעב אין לאז לעבן.
באניצער אוואטאר
איך אויך
חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק
הודעות: 6351
זיך רעגיסטרירט: דינסטאג אפריל 10, 2012 3:27 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 8611 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 2811 מאל

שליחה דורך איך אויך »

Someone who compares Shtisel to Sopranos needs to have his head examined.
Follow The Money ׁׂ(מרן Deep Throat ז''ל)
באניצער אוואטאר
berlbalaguleh
שריפטשטעלער
שריפטשטעלער
הודעות: 20420
זיך רעגיסטרירט: דינסטאג יולי 17, 2012 12:57 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 25361 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 15512 מאל
קאנטאקט:

שליחה דורך berlbalaguleh »

איך אויך: דו האסט נישט געכאפט די נקודה. ער (שלום שטיסל/דובי גליקמן) האט געמיינט ארויסצוברענגען די שטארקע משפחה פארבינדונג און די רעאליטעט פון ביידע שאוס. דאס איז דער צד השוה שבהן...!
באניצער אוואטאר
סקרן
וְאֶת־הָאֶ֜לֶף
וְאֶת־הָאֶ֜לֶף
הודעות: 1082
זיך רעגיסטרירט: פרייטאג מאי 20, 2016 1:22 pm
געפינט זיך: הלואי ווען איך וואלט געוויסט!
האט שוין געלייקט: 239 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 645 מאל

שליחה דורך סקרן »

קומט א דריטע עונה?
טרויבן88
ידיד ותיק
ידיד ותיק
הודעות: 797
זיך רעגיסטרירט: פרייטאג נאוועמבער 13, 2015 1:15 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 292 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 569 מאל

שליחה דורך טרויבן88 »

ווי מען גייט און ווי מען שטייט איז דער עולם אויף מיט שטיסל, ווייל עס איז דא אויף נעטפליקס מיט ענגלישע סובטייטלס... וויאזוי למען השם קען מען הערן צוויי שפראכן אויף איין מאל...

עניוועי פאר ווער ס'וויל עס אין עברית, עס איז גאר א גרינגע עברית, לייג איך עס דא ארויף

שטיסל
לעב אין לאז לעבן.
באניצער אוואטאר
לולקע באנוצער
מאנשי שלומינו
מאנשי שלומינו
הודעות: 83
זיך רעגיסטרירט: מיטוואך פעברואר 13, 2019 11:10 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 993 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 58 מאל

שליחה דורך לולקע באנוצער »

דא איז א בילד פון אן אנטיסעמיטישע מארש וואו מ'מאכט ליצנות פון אידן. וואס ס'האט מיר געכאפט איז צוויי זאכן: ס'איז אין בעלגיע, און דער איד אויף די רעכטע זייט קוקט אויס ווי פעטער נוחעם אין א באלאן...בילד

געשיקט פון מיין כשר'ע פאון נוצנדיג ראדיא כוואליעס
[NAMELESS]

שליחה דורך [NAMELESS] »

[NAMELESS]

שליחה דורך [NAMELESS] »

ס'איז אפיציעל!!!!
ס'קומט א דריטע סיזאן

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/sh ... -confirms/
זאפטיג
ידיד השטיבל
ידיד השטיבל
הודעות: 324
זיך רעגיסטרירט: פרייטאג מערץ 15, 2019 8:23 am
האט שוין געלייקט: 90 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 134 מאל

שליחה דורך זאפטיג »

בד''ה
ואהבת לרעך כמוך - לייקס געב איך וויפול איך האב
לבי ובשרי
שריפטשטעלער
שריפטשטעלער
הודעות: 702
זיך רעגיסטרירט: זונטאג נאוועמבער 19, 2017 10:02 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 394 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 472 מאל

שליחה דורך לבי ובשרי »

איסתרא בלגינא קיש קיש קריא
באניצער אוואטאר
יהודי פשוט
ידיד ותיק
ידיד ותיק
הודעות: 703
זיך רעגיסטרירט: דינסטאג דעצעמבער 30, 2014 9:00 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 435 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 489 מאל

שליחה דורך יהודי פשוט »

לבי ובשרי האט געשריבן:נאך עפעס קומט
די לינק ארבעט נישט ביי מיר
איך בין א נער און איך גלייב!!!
באניצער אוואטאר
רביה''ק זי''ע
שריפטשטעלער
שריפטשטעלער
הודעות: 5435
זיך רעגיסטרירט: דאנערשטאג פעברואר 15, 2018 8:46 pm
געפינט זיך: אין קוויטל-שטוב
האט שוין געלייקט: 5089 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 6524 מאל

שליחה דורך רביה''ק זי''ע »

יהודי פשוט האט געשריבן:
לבי ובשרי האט געשריבן:נאך עפעס קומט
די לינק ארבעט נישט ביי מיר

בקיצור - נעטפליקס גייט נאכמאכן די זעלבע געדאנק ווי שטיסל...
Do y'all remember before the internet that people thought the cause of stupidity was the lack of access to information? Yeah, it wasn't that
איסר האטלקי
חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק

שליחה דורך איסר האטלקי »

באניצער אוואטאר
וואלווי
שריפטשטעלער
שריפטשטעלער
הודעות: 3762
זיך רעגיסטרירט: זונטאג נאוועמבער 01, 2015 11:34 am
האט שוין געלייקט: 5604 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 5650 מאל

שליחה דורך וואלווי »

זעהט אויס שוואכע מעשיות. קודם איז עס א פאקעס אויף פאסט-חרדישע לעבן, און נישט אויף אמת'ע חרדישע לעבן זעלבסט, וואס דאס איז געווען די ספעשילטי פון שטיסל. צווייטענס, דבורה פעלדמאן'ס סיפור, פערספעקטיוו, און ביך, איז א סארי עקסקיוז פאר א בליק אין די אלטרא ארטאדאקס לעבן, און גאר א בייעסד בעסיס פאר א חרדישע בעיסד פילם. צום לעצט, בדרך כלל אזוי ווי רוב פילם'ס וואס רורט אן אלטרא ארטאדאקס לעבן, זעהט נישט אויס פאר קיין שום סיבה ביזדערווייל, אז דא זאל מען יא קענען צוטרעפן אן אוטענטישע מאלעריי פון חרדישע לעבן.
Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high
Isaiah 32:15 -
באניצער אוואטאר
ביבער
ידיד ותיק
ידיד ותיק
הודעות: 846
זיך רעגיסטרירט: דאנערשטאג נאוועמבער 29, 2012 3:12 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 839 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 1026 מאל

שליחה דורך ביבער »

שטיסל 2 אויף ענגליש איז יעצט עוועילעבל אויף די טעלעגראם טשענעל
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. - Voltaire
באניצער אוואטאר
הדסים
היימישער באניצער
היימישער באניצער
הודעות: 354
זיך רעגיסטרירט: מיטוואך מאי 01, 2019 1:29 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 343 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 282 מאל

שליחה דורך הדסים »

כ'האב געזעהן די ערשטע 3 עפיזאדן אויף נעטפליקס, איך האב שוין נישט קיין כח צן קוקן ווייטער.

ווי אזוי מאכט מען אזא פאלשע לעבנס שטייגער? ס'איז נישט חסידיש, נישט אידיש, נישט גויעש.

I can't, Sorry
באניצער אוואטאר
קאצקע ציקער
חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק
הודעות: 2203
זיך רעגיסטרירט: פרייטאג אפריל 06, 2012 1:46 am
האט שוין געלייקט: 1052 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 1251 מאל

שליחה דורך קאצקע ציקער »

הדסים האט געשריבן:כ'האב געזעהן די ערשטע 3 עפיזאדן אויף נעטפליקס, איך האב שוין נישט קיין כח צן קוקן ווייטער.

ווי אזוי מאכט מען אזא פאלשע לעבנס שטייגער? ס'איז נישט חסידיש, נישט אידיש, נישט גויעש.

I can't, Sorry

ס'איז טשאלמיאיש...
חוץ קיווע עקטען יעדער גאנטץ פיין שלום מיט גיטי זעכער
באניצער אוואטאר
berlbalaguleh
שריפטשטעלער
שריפטשטעלער
קאנטאקט:

קיווע עקט אויך זייער גוט אלס טשאלמער בחור. מיט די באגרעניצטע השגות וואס די טשאלמערס האבן...!

אויך דער וועג פון די תנועות וואס ..."ליפא"... מאכט. דאס האלב שאקלען זיך איז געוואלדיג פאר א חילוני'שן אקטיאר...!

די גאנצע סעריע איז זייער שטארק רעאליסטיש. אפשר נישט אזוי דראמאטיש. און דער חידוש איז אז אלע אקטארס זענען חילונים...!

אויף שלום שטיסל האביך זיכער געמיינט אז ער איז א מאה שערים'דיגער איינוואוינער. און דער נייער אקטאר וועלכער שפיעלט..."נחום" דער פעטער פון קיווע איז גאר א ספרדי. און ר'האטציך אויסגעלערנט רעדן אידיש...!
באניצער אוואטאר
איש חזון
היימישער באניצער
היימישער באניצער
הודעות: 528
זיך רעגיסטרירט: דאנערשטאג דעצעמבער 17, 2015 2:02 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 612 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 388 מאל

שליחה דורך איש חזון »

נישט פארגעסן רעבעצין ערבליך, נפלאות הבורא ממש
וקרב פזורינו מבין הגויים
באניצער אוואטאר
berlbalaguleh
שריפטשטעלער
שריפטשטעלער
קאנטאקט:

איש חזון: נאר דער וואונדער איז וואו זיי האבן געקענט טרעפן אן אלטע פרוי וואס רעדט אזויפיהל ניבול פה. און האט אזא שמוציגן פיסק...!
באניצער אוואטאר
וואלווי
שריפטשטעלער
שריפטשטעלער
הודעות: 3762
זיך רעגיסטרירט: זונטאג נאוועמבער 01, 2015 11:34 am
האט שוין געלייקט: 5604 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 5650 מאל

שליחה דורך וואלווי »

berlbalaguleh האט געשריבן:איש חזון: נאר דער וואונדער איז וואו זיי האבן געקענט טרעפן אן אלטע פרוי וואס רעדט אזויפיהל ניבול פה. און האט אזא שמוציגן פיסק...!

קלאסישע אלטע היימישע ריינע קללות. א מוש פון ירושלים און פון דערהיים אין אייראפע, כידוע פונ'ם אלטן דור.
געוואלדיג צו געטראפן, היימישע יודישליכע קללות
Until the spirit be poured upon us from on high
Isaiah 32:15 -
פארשפארט