הרה"ח ר' מנחם משולם שטארק ז"ל הי"ד

תולדות און ‫ביאגראפיע, פראפילן און אנאליזן פון אידישע און אלגעמיינע פערזענליכקייטן, אמאל און היינט
באניצער אוואטאר
שעפטל
חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק
הודעות: 3447
זיך רעגיסטרירט: דינסטאג יולי 17, 2012 1:45 pm
געפינט זיך: אוי, בעסער פרעג נישט
האט שוין געלייקט: 2518 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 2801 מאל

הרה"ח ר' מנחם משולם שטארק ז"ל הי"ד

שליחה דורך שעפטל »

אין די לעצטע פאר טאג, און ווי ס'קוקט אויס וועט זיך עס נישט אזוי שנעל ענדיגן... האט מען אראפגעמאלן ר' מנחם משולם ע"ה הי"ד בן ר' ישראל שטארק הי"ו אלס גאר א שלעכטער מענטש... וואס האט ליידער אראפגעזיגעלט כלל ישראל זייער ביטער, נאכדערצו אז אויף בלאגס און טאבלוידס קאמענטירן מענטשן זייער שלעכט קעגן אים און קעגן אידן, און ס'ארגסטע פון אלעמען איז נאך אז ס'דא ליידער זייער אסאך מענטשן וואס שיקן ארום נאר יענע לינקס און מעסעדזשעס. דעריבער לאמיר כאטש ברענגן די אנדערע זייט פון די מטבע אויך. וועט אמאל זיין קינד אריינבלאנדזשענען דא, זאל ער כאטש זעהן אז ס'זענען געווען אסאך מענטשן וואס האבן אויף אים אויך געהאט אסאך קאמפלימענטן.

איבער ווער ער איז און ווער זיינע עלטערן זענען, ווי ער האט געלערנט וכו' וכו' וועלן מיר לאזן דער איד און בלאט באשרייבן...

דא וואלט ווען געווען פאסיג צו באשרייבן אייגענע עפיזאדן צו לייגן לינקס פון אנדערע פלעצער (און אפשר גאר דער גאנצער ארטיקל אויך - פאר די וואס קענען נישט דארט ארויפגיין) וואס ברענגט ארויס די גוטע מעשים וואס ר' מנחם האט געטוהן.

זאל ער זיין א גוטע בעטער פאר זיין ווייב און קינדער, די גאנצע משפחה, חבירים וידידים און גאנץ כלל ישראל. שנשמע ונתבשר בשורות טובות
מיט דעם האט זיך געענדיגט נאך א תגובה'לע פון שעפטל'ן, א "לייק" איז א שטופ אויף פראנויס פאר נאכיינס...
באניצער אוואטאר
שעפטל
חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק

שליחה דורך שעפטל »

[left]Menachem Stark - there were many who didn't want him dead- one story amongst many

Guest post from a reliable source:

Friday morning, I got the following whatsaap message from a friend that grew up in Williamsburg.....

"C/p A popular millionaire businessman, a Satmar Hasid, was kidnapped from his Williamsburg office, according to police reports in New York. Brooklyn Police said that Menachem Stark was kidnapped by two assailants at 11:30 p.m. on Thursday. According to video surveillance, the two suspects were waiting outside Stark’s office, which is located in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn, jumped on him, threw him into a big white van, and drove away. Police said that numerous phone calls to Stark’s cellphone went unanswered. Due to the snowstorm, police are unable to efficiently search for the victim or the suspects. Police searched Stark’s office, where they were looking for clues. Stark is a strong supporter of the Satmar grand rabbi. Last week, the rabbi's wife held a fundraiser at Stark’s home."

Slightly shaken, I went on the rest of the day without giving it a thought. You see, I don't know Menachem Shtark. I'm not from Williamsburg. I don't live in Brooklyn. I don't even live in New York State. I'm also not Chasidic, and even had i joined them it certainly wouldn't be to their Satmar brand....

Surely, it'll work out fine. I must have figured.....

Well, it didn't. And Saturday night, everyone was talking about the gruesome heinous crime....

I was told his name was Menachem "Max" Shtark. Eager to get some details, I punched into my phone Max. Before I had a chance to put in the rest of his name, my phone suggested a contact I had saved some time ago... Menachem "Max" Shtark.

Naturally, I was thrown off and confused... "Hey, this seems to be him.... But how did he land in my contacts?!?!"

Slowly, a meeting I had with a stranger two years ago in a black SUV started coming back to me...

A business opportunity arose, about two years ago, that looked very promising. Naturally, I was shopping around for tips and advice, and meeting anyone and everyone that would shed some light on that kind of venture. One older person I met with said that he could never have succeeded on his own. He was lucky to have a neighbor, a young entrepreneur who showed him all the ins and outs, and held his hand through every process. This very successful, generous, businessman, refused to take a dime for his advice, but sincerely wanted him to succeed. His name, Menachem Shtark.

This fellow I was meeting felt that he himself couldn't help me. He hardly knows how to run his own business. All he knows is one phone number, Menachem's.

He suggested I too speak to Menachem. "Don't worry that he doesn't know you from Adam. If he can, he'll help you too!!. He loves to help others. Here is his cell number, call him. Don't think you'll get thru the first time, though, he's very busy. Leave a message and he'll probably call you back. Just be persistent and you'll get thru..."

That night, I made the call (to a total stranger!!), didn't get thru, and I left a message. The next day I called again and he picked up. He remembered the message I left, and apologized for not having time to return my call.

After asking a few questions, he immediately started making suggestions. When I suggested I come meet him personally, he said "sure, but what for? I'll help if I can, in any way!!" I told him it’s important for me, but he didn't want me to schlep to his office in Williamsburg just to meet him. We agreed to both schedule meetings in Flatbush on the same day and meet there. Only after he finished talking to me, a total stranger, did he attend to the many people coming in and out of his office, and the phones ringing off the hook...

We spoke a number of times on the phone, before we met, but I believe he never even got my name! As soon as I would call he would say "yes, yes, you're the one that wants to open etc...".

We met outside his attorney's office, in his SUV. Menachem had an infectious smile and a even more impressive can-do attitude. We talked in his vehicle for a very long time. His phone, "bluetoothed" to the car, didn't stop the whole time. Once in a while he would say, "oiy, I really have to take this call". He would answer, apologize that he's in a meeting and promise to call them back as soon as he's done. He gave me all the time I would have wanted, and then some.

We spoke about a whole host of management issues. Ironically, the one that I remember the most is an issue that’s been deliberately distorted since his death. It’s about the HPD violations (not to be confused with building code violations). The average building has about 50 frivolous, opened violations (that's a fact and even a Post reporter knows that!). Tenants often don't give access to make the repair, or deliberately break it as soon as it was fixed. An inspector can also write up 15-20 violations in one visit, on a spic and span, picture perfect apartment!! It's literally like trying to empty a drowning ship with a pail. Even The City recognizes this absurdity; their policy being that one can have up to 5 opened violations per unit!! Meaning, Menachem was "entitled" to 5,000 violations!!!!

Menachem explained to me at that meeting, that he did it differently. He felt a responsibility to focus on clearing the violations, regardless of the hardships involved. He hired two extra secretaries just to be on top of violations.

That's how he managed to have only 148 in 1,000 units!!! (That's less than 0.15 per unit, what a slumlord!!!)

Sitting in his SUV, I asked him if he would be my partner. He said "no, do it yourself, I'll help you". When I was persisted, he said "What? You’re afraid I won't have time to help you? Don’t worry I'll be there for you, do it yourself!!". (BTW, it would have been very profitable for him too.)

I explained to him why I needed him as a partner, and he said, he would have to discuss it with his partner and get back to me. "Either way", he was quick to add, "I'll be there for you!!!"

We were in touch a number of times after that (I think he never did get my name) and the deal fell thru for totally unrelated reasons...

Unfortunately, that was the only time I met this special man.

To The Post: I didn't really know Menachem, and apparently people like you and his savage murderers did want him dead, but to answer your question...

I, for one, most definitely didn't want him to dead!!!

I'm not one to jump to call people anti-Semites, and i certainly will not play the motive game. But, the damage you have wrought by playing into those ridiculous stereotypes will be felt tomorrow morning. No, not every landlord/ manager are a zillionaire, trying to rip-off or cheat. And, for crying out loud, tenants are not some hapless, hopeless, indigent, natives being exploited and frozen, etc. You know that, and shame on you for implying otherwise. Hundreds of young hard working Orthodox Jewish fathers, trying to make an honest living, will have it that much harder thanks to your nonsense.

(BTW, having met Menachem, I have no doubt he hired a competent exterminator. Those complaining about vermin almost certainly didn't let them in to spray. Just another of the many difficulties, us zillionaires encounter regularly.)

To Mrs. Shtark and their eight precious children: I know you will probably never read these lines. You never met me, and probably never will. It's my fervent hope that you will always stand tall, and proud of your husbands'/fathers' accomplishments. You know better than anyone else, what a loving, caring, generous, and upbeat husband/father you had. Please always remember that.

You can be sure; the family won't be the only ones to remember the great guy he was...

Everyone will...

Even strangers.

Yehi Zichro Baruch[/left]
מיט דעם האט זיך געענדיגט נאך א תגובה'לע פון שעפטל'ן, א "לייק" איז א שטופ אויף פראנויס פאר נאכיינס...
באניצער אוואטאר
שעפטל
חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק

שליחה דורך שעפטל »

[tag]ראשעקאל[/tag] האט געשריבן:

א בריוו וואס די משפחה האט באקימען

Dear Mrs. Stark and the entire family,

I had the pleasure of dealing with your husband and family leader
"Max" for almost every month since 2001. I was the first tenant in his new
building at 315 Seigel St and I am still here after all these years. We
often spoke about building up the neighborhood when it was not safe to even
walk around here. He answered my call and was always there to assist and
help with any needs I had as a tenant. On many occasions, he would call me
to walk around with him collecting the rents and was always interested in my
business and how my family was doing. Max and I were the same age. After
hearing that he had a new born, I immediately called to wish him my best for
the
new baby and he replied, I would need to get busy to catch up to him.
I had my first born in the building and he and Sam were nice enough to stop
by to see my son.

Max was a Stand Up guy, a good friend and a very good landlord. I wanted to
take the time to let you know that the world will not be the same without
him. Especially our street here at Seigel. Max was a pioneer of the
neighborhood and his memory will always be remembered here by our tenants in
the building. God Bless his soul and may he be in peace until we will all
join him some day in the heavens.

If there is anything I can ever do for you or your family, please call me
anytime.

Sincerely,

Eric Ortense
apt 214
Seigel St 315
חד גדיא
ידיד ותיק
ידיד ותיק
הודעות: 679
זיך רעגיסטרירט: דאנערשטאג מערץ 22, 2012 1:57 am
האט שוין געלייקט: 507 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 443 מאל

שליחה דורך חד גדיא »

יעצט געהערט די מעשה פון די אינגערמאן וואס האט געמאכט די שלעסער ביי מנחם שטארק הי״ד ער איז געקומען צו אים אהיים מאכן די שלעסער אין זיין בחור איז געווען מיט אים אין ר מנחם האט א פרעג געטון די בחור די האסט גענומען איין טאג off פון ישיבה זאגט אין שי בחור ניין איך בין נישט אין ישיבה פרעגט ר מנחם די טאטע וואס איז פשט זאגט ער אז קיין איין ישיבה וויל אים נישט נעמען סא איך לערן מיט אים צופרי אין נאכדעם נעם איך אים מיט צו די ארבעט רופט זיך ר מנחם אן מארגן גייט דיין בחור אין ישיבה זאגט די אינגערמאן איך ווייס נישט וויפיל געלט ער האט צו געזאגט פאר די ישיבה אבער וואס איך ווייס איז אז מיין בחור איז געווען צוריק די נעקסטע טאג אין נישט נאר דאס נאר ר מנחם האט געצאלט שכר לימוד ביז יעצט
טראכט אריין אידן וואס אינז האבן דא פארלוירן

ק/פ
כו"ח חד גדיא, פה בתוך הטמא'נע כלי
לעמיל
חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק
הודעות: 2901
זיך רעגיסטרירט: דינסטאג אפריל 17, 2012 1:10 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 913 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 692 מאל

שליחה דורך לעמיל »

האלץ האקער און אייוועלט שרייבט
געהערט גאר קראנט א מעשה פון א דבר טוב פונעם נפטר וואס ווייזט אביסל א בליק פון זיין געוואלדיגע חסד.

ליידער זיינט יענע שווארצע טאג ביי כלל ישראל ווען סאיז ארויס געקימען די שולד אורטייל אקעגן הרה"ח ר' נחמי צבי בן דינה איז די משפחה געמאלדן געווארן פון א קאר סערוויס אז סיי ווען איינער דארף א קאר צו די תפיסה קענען זיי עם ריפן פאר אימזינסט און אזוי איז עס געגנגען ביז די וואך ווען די משפחה האט געריפן די קאר סערוויס האט ער געזאגט אז ס'גייט קאסטן געלט צו מ'דארף די קאר האט מען עם געפרעגט וואס איז יעצט געשען האט ער געזאגט זייער קלאר אז ליידער ווען יעדער האט געקרעכצט מיט די ביטערע נייעס האט עם דיר נפטר מנחם משולם בן ישראל שטארק געריפן און געזאגט אז ער וועט עם באצאלן א גיטן פרייז ווען די משפחה דארף א קאר אבער ליידער יעצט ווען ער איז שוין ליידער נישט דא מיז ער בעטן געלט פון די משפחה ע"כ המעשה.

איך מיין אז ווערטער זענען אונגאצן איבעריג דא ס'רעדט פון זיך אליין
נאר וואס דען יא איינער קען נאך כאפן די מצוה און טיען צי די זאך און זיך פארבינדן מיט די משפחה ארום און מעלדן אז ער איז גרייט צובאצאלן די וועגן אז זיי זאלן קענען גיין באזוכן און תפיסה.

זאל ער שוין אויספוילן אויבן אין הימל און ברענגן א ישועה פאר ר' נחמי צבי בן דינה בתוך כל כלל ישראל.
מורינו הרב
וְאֶת־הָאֶ֜לֶף
וְאֶת־הָאֶ֜לֶף
הודעות: 1136
זיך רעגיסטרירט: זונטאג אוגוסט 05, 2012 4:48 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 108 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 311 מאל

שליחה דורך מורינו הרב »

שוין, נחום וועט שוין האבן א לעגעטעמאציע פארוואס מען האט אים געמעגט אונטערברענגען... אמער, ער שטיצט פעדאפיליע... ער פארדעקט אונטערן קארפעט.
לעמיל
חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק
הודעות: 2901
זיך רעגיסטרירט: דינסטאג אפריל 17, 2012 1:10 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 913 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 692 מאל

שליחה דורך לעמיל »

דארפסט נישט גיין צו נחום אונז האבען איחוד ער וועט שוין מאכען עפעס
באניצער אוואטאר
ישמעאל הכהן
חבר ותיק
חבר ותיק
הודעות: 2111
זיך רעגיסטרירט: זונטאג דעצעמבער 16, 2012 11:54 am
האט שוין געלייקט: 1551 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 2012 מאל

שליחה דורך ישמעאל הכהן »

לעמיל האט געשריבן:האלץ האקער און אייוועלט שרייבט
געהערט גאר קראנט א מעשה פון א דבר טוב פונעם נפטר וואס ווייזט אביסל א בליק פון זיין געוואלדיגע חסד.

ליידער זיינט יענע שווארצע טאג ביי כלל ישראל ווען סאיז ארויס געקימען די שולד אורטייל אקעגן הרה"ח ר' נחמי צבי בן דינה איז די משפחה געמאלדן געווארן פון א קאר סערוויס אז סיי ווען איינער דארף א קאר צו די תפיסה קענען זיי עם ריפן פאר אימזינסט און אזוי איז עס געגנגען ביז די וואך ווען די משפחה האט געריפן די קאר סערוויס האט ער געזאגט אז ס'גייט קאסטן געלט צו מ'דארף די קאר האט מען עם געפרעגט וואס איז יעצט געשען האט ער געזאגט זייער קלאר אז ליידער ווען יעדער האט געקרעכצט מיט די ביטערע נייעס האט עם דיר נפטר מנחם משולם בן ישראל שטארק געריפן און געזאגט אז ער וועט עם באצאלן א גיטן פרייז ווען די משפחה דארף א קאר אבער ליידער יעצט ווען ער איז שוין ליידער נישט דא מיז ער בעטן געלט פון די משפחה ע"כ המעשה.

איך מיין אז ווערטער זענען אונגאצן איבעריג דא ס'רעדט פון זיך אליין
נאר וואס דען יא איינער קען נאך כאפן די מצוה און טיען צי די זאך און זיך פארבינדן מיט די משפחה ארום און מעלדן אז ער איז גרייט צובאצאלן די וועגן אז זיי זאלן קענען גיין באזוכן און תפיסה.

זאל ער שוין אויספוילן אויבן אין הימל און ברענגן א ישועה פאר ר' נחמי צבי בן דינה בתוך כל כלל ישראל.

ערשט יעצט איז איחוד פעלד א סאספעקט!!!
ראדיא באריכטער פאר ק''ש
מורינו הרב
וְאֶת־הָאֶ֜לֶף
וְאֶת־הָאֶ֜לֶף
הודעות: 1136
זיך רעגיסטרירט: זונטאג אוגוסט 05, 2012 4:48 pm
האט שוין געלייקט: 108 מאל
האט שוין באקומען לייקס: 311 מאל

שליחה דורך מורינו הרב »

איך קען ענק צוזאגן, אז ווען ער וואלט באיזה אופן געהאלפן מרת קראוס, וואלט נחמיה'ס משפחה געווען נחשד דערויף, עס וואלט שוין מסתמא געווען אן ארטיקל אין צייטונג און בארי דייטש וואלט שוין געטוויט און ס'וואלט געווען יום-טוב.

נאר יעצט אז איינער זאל זאגן פאר א דזשאוק אז נחום אדער איחוד איז א סאספעקט, וועט מען אים פארשרייען און זאגן אז ער וויל פארדעקן אלעס אונטערן קארפעט.
פארשפארט